Поиск по этому блогу

среда, 13 июня 2018 г.

Punishment



Punishment
is the act of punishing someone or of being punished.
'I have no doubt that the man is guilty and that he deserves punishment.'
You can use punishment to refer to severe physical treatment of any kind.
'Don't expect these types of boot to take the punishment that gardening will give them.'
But do you know that the word 'punishment' can have plural in English? It is not like in Russian, where this word is used only in singular.
'The government is proposing tougher punishments for officials convicted of corruption.'

Read a joke with this word below :

A student is talking to his teacher.
The student says, “Would you punish me for something I didn’t do?”
The teacher replies, “Of course not!”
The student says, “Good, because I haven’t done my homework.”

1 комментарий: